Acne is one of the most common skin problems faced by a large number of people. They just come right on your face without any notification and spoil your looks and yes, your mood too. It can happen to any age group and sex, but it is most commonly observed in the teenagers and women. There are different types of acne which may have different causes. Acne can occur in the form of whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, pustules and papules. In this article we will discuss papular acne which can become really troublesome if you try to squeeze it, just like the other types of acne. So, keep reading for details.
What is Papular Acne?
Papular acne are different from the other types of acne. They are red or pink small, firm, inflamed bumps on the skin with no head. It does not contain any type of pus, sebum or other material. Hence, squeezing or picking these types of acne will cause damage to the skin and leave you with scars on your face. They may be tender to touch and can appear on any part of the body but are mostly found on the face, back and posterior parts. Papular acne are caused due to bacteria, oil, dirt and heat. When there is a bacterial infection, the body tries to fight it and there is an increase in the blood flow which can be seen as swelling and inflammation and is known as papular acne. The white blood cells try to fight with this bacteria and there is a formation of pus or accumulation of white blood cells. The pus formed acne is known as pustular acne. So we can say that pustular acne are formed few days after the formation of papular acne. But as these acnes can cause severe scarring, one needs to treat them as soon as possible.
How to Treat Papular Acne
Papular acne can cause scars which can be very difficult to remove. Hence, it is better to treated them and try out some of the measures to prevent them. Following are some of the treatments (natural and medication) which are very helpful and effective.
- Wash your face with plain water many times a day. This will keep your face hydrated and free from dirt.
- Tea tree oil is very effective in treating all types of acne. Dab a cotton swab in the tea tree oil and apply it directly over the acne. keep it overnight and wash it off in the morning. You can also use products which contains 5% or more tea tree oil to get rid of papular acne.
- Aloe vera is a natural and beneficial skin product. Just cut a small part of its leaf, slit it from the center and take out the gel. Apply the gel directly on the acne and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Then wash it off with normal water. Daily use of aloe vera will not only help you in getting over the problems of acne, but will also improve your skin quality.
- A face mask of cinnamon powder and honey is very helpful in reducing inflammation. Take one teaspoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of honey. Mix them well and apply the mixture on the acne. Keep it for one hour and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat it daily till you get rid of the cne.
- Follow a healthy diet and avoid foods which may cause allergy, or trigger papular acne. Consult your doctor about the foods to avoid and those to consume.
- Drink lots of water to flush away all the impurities. This will also keep your pores clean and safe from dirt and infection.
- Wash you face twice with a mild cleanser and apply anti acne cream which may have benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid as anti acne ingredients.
- Antibiotics such as doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline, may be helpful in restricting the bacterial growth.
- A doctor may prescribe retinoid creams in case of adult acne.
- There are many therapies like laser therapy, light therapy and other cosmetic procedures which are very effective against this skin problem. Though these procedures are expensive, they show remarkable effects on the skin.