Using a shower gel in place of the usual bar of soap is better for the skin. It is gentler on the skin than soap, and is also more refreshing. However, if you are worried about the ingredients used in the gels available in the market, you can make your own body wash.
Recipe for Normal Skin
- Unscented Shampoo: 2 cups
- Water: ½ cup
- Rose Essential Oil: 30 drops
- Baby Oil: ½ cup
- Pour the shampoo into a big bowl, and add the baby oil to it in a steady stream.
- Add water to the mixture, while stirring.
- Add the rose oil and mix it all together.
- Store the gel in a bottle, preferably with a pump.
- If you have sensitive skin, use baby shampoo in place of the unscented shampoo.
- You can choose to add any other essential oil instead of rose oil, depending on your choice of fragrance.
Recipe for Oily Skin
- Baby Shampoo: 3 cups
- Orange Oil: ½ cup
- Lemon Oil: 2 tbsp
- Peppermint Essential Oil: 2 tbsp
- Pour the shampoo into a big bowl.
- Stir in the orange oil, and mix the shampoo and the oil thoroughly.
- Slowly add lemon oil and peppermint oil.
- Store it in airtight bottles in a cool and dark place.
- You could add some orange peel powder or lemon peel powder, as the peel will help reduce oiliness.
- You could also add a dash of vinegar in this recipe, as vinegar also helps in keeping skin dry and oil-free.
Natural Shower Gel
- Aloe Vera Gel: 1 cup
- Glycerin: ½ cup
- Jojoba Oil: ¼ cup
- Cornstarch: 2 tsp
- Water: 2 cups
- Orange Essential Oil: 20 drops
- In a bowl, combine the aloe vera gel and glycerin. Mix the two thoroughly.
- Add the water while stirring the mixture.
- Add the jojoba oil, and ensure that all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Mix the cornstarch with some water, and add this to the mixture.
- Finally, blend in the essential oil.
- Store the shower gel in airtight containers, and use it up as quickly as possible, since there are no artificial preservatives in it.
- You can choose any other oils, such as almond oil, rosemary oil, etc., to make this recipe.
- Increase the quantity of glycerin if you have dry skin or if you plan to use this gel during the winter season.
Scented Shower Gel
- Orange juice: ½ cup
- Orange Essential Oil: 15 drops
- Glycerin soap: 1 bar
- Water: 1 cup
- Glycerin: 3 tsp
- Grate the glycerin soap bar, and set it aside.
- Mix the water and the orange juice in a saucepan. Add the grated soap and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Put the heat on simmer and allow the soap to dissolve in the water-orange juice mixture.
- Turn off the heat, and let the mixture cool down completely before you start off with the next step.
- Once the soap mixture has cooled down, stir in the glycerin and essential oil.
- Allow all the ingredients to blend well with one another and settle nicely.
- Transfer the gel into jars or in spray bottles.
- You can use any other fruit for making this soap, depending upon your choice.
- You can use baby shampoo or liquid castile soap in place of glycerin bar.
I hope you have found the above recipes interesting. You can choose your own fragrance and make your gel with any one recipe. Stay fresh!