How many of you know what a sugar scrub is? Well, yeah. Making use of sugar for scrubbing would make it a sugar scrub. Correct. But how does one go about using a sugar scrub, and more importantly, what are the benefits that this scrub offers? Let us get into a little more detail in this following article.
Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
Brown, white, and natural cane sugar, are the different types of sugars that are used for preparing sugar scrubs. One of the best sugars which lend for extensive benefits is brown sugar. This is because it is gentler on the skin, smells great, and leads to better muscle relaxation. All in all, there are several sugar scrub benefits that help in excellent skin care.
These are some of the benefits that you can get if you use a sugar scrub:
- Sugar scrubs are the most perfect way of getting rid of the dry, flaky skin that develops over the day.
- These scrubs are user-friendly for all skin types because they leave no side effects in their wake.
- They work wonders in preventing skin ailments like eczema and psoriasis because they hydrate the skin so effectively.
- These scrubs are a great way to fight cellulite in the body.
- Sugar scrubs for face are used not only for skin exfoliation, but also for cleansing and massaging. The advantage of which is that they do not clog the pores and are easily absorbed into the skin. Using a sugar scrub on the face will leave it smooth and healthy and will prevent the onset of acne. But even if one has acne, it is still alright to use a sugar scrub (just be cautious with the amount of oil you use).
- They act as all-body polishing agents, leaving in its wake clean and smooth skin. This is because they are packed with the goodness of alpha hydroxy which is essential for a glowing skin.
- Repeated use of sugar scrubs will help one to have healthier, glowing, and uniformly textured and colored skin.
- They are a much better choice than salt scrubs because they aren't as harsh and are much smoother in comparison.
- These scrubs can be used by children without any side effects.
- They can be used as a soothing agent after a rough shave.
- Sugar scrub can be used to circulate and stimulate the lymph nodes.
- They act as a preventive measure against tanning.
- Everyday use will also help to formulate a protective layer for the skin and prevent areas like the knees, elbow, etc. from becoming dark.
- They work on the toughest of skins while providing it with the richness that it deserves.
- Sugar scrubs can also help in the healing of blemishes.
- These scrubs can be used on the lips as well, and work wonders for the lips because they help in preventing chapped lips and skin. If one already has chapped lips, a single or probably two uses of a sugar scrub can soften the skin.
- They also help to soften callused and rough skin, leaving it smooth and fragrant.
- Using of these scrubs is smoother for the skin than the use of pumice stones and the like.
- A probable discontinuation of separate skin moisturizers and cleansers might be possible because sugar scrubs have moisturizing properties in them.
- Sugar scrubs also help to absorb the oils and dirt from the skin and balance the natural oils.
- They help to keep the skin constantly hydrated and radiant.
Now that you know what some of the sugar scrub benefits are―and I'm pretty sure you're all revved up with this new found beauty product that does wonders for your skin and body―why don't I give you some sugar scrub recipes?
Sugar Scrub Recipes
Brown Sugar Recipe
- Brown sugar (½ cup)
- Almond oil (½ cup, sweetened) or olive oil or sesame oil.
- Vitamin E (1 tsp.)
- Vanilla extract (½ - 1 tsp.) or any other essential oil.
- Honey (1 tsp.)
- Mix the almond oil, vanilla extract, honey, and vitamin E in a bowl.
- Now, add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Voila! Sugar scrub ready.
Mixed Sugar Recipe
- White sugar (2 tbsp.)
- Raw sugar (3 tbsp.)
- Brown sugar (2 tbsp.)
- Epsom salt (3 tbsp.)
- Kosher sea salt (1 tbsp.)
- Baby oil (⅓ cup)
- Body lotion (of your choice, ⅓ cup)
- Mix all the salts and sugars in one bowl.
- Next, add the lotion and baby oil, and mix together.
- Add according to the consistency you prefer.
- Mix well and store in plastic container (preferably in a refrigerator).
I know you can already picture the long scrubbing sessions you will set out on and the luxurious bath you'll take thereafter, and with these scrubs, you can do just that without having to make it an expensive affair.