Chubby cheeks are best left behind in childhood. The world does not necessarily think chubby cheeks are 'cute' when one reaches youth. So if you are one of those who has chubby cheeks and has gone through a lot of 'fun being made of' because of the same, then this article will be of real help. The following sections deal with chubby cheeks exercise forms and give you several pointers on how to get rid of the same. So stop fretting and start reading.
How to Lose Chubby Cheeks
At the onset, it is important to tell you that it is not possible to magically focus on one area of the face and reduce the fat there. One will have to learn how to reduce the fat in the cheeks by losing fat all over. There are several kinds of exercises that help. Here are some of them that you can try out today.
- Purse your lips and keep them tightly pursed.
- Then suck in one cheek and hold for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Release the hold and suck in the other cheek and repeat the same pattern.
- Do this exercise 5 - 8 times.
- Close your mouth and fill your mouth with air.
- Hold the air and push it towards the right cheek and hold for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Then push the air to your left cheek and hold it there.
- Move the air to the upper and lower lip, holding the air in place for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Do this 5 - 8 times a day.
- Pout your lips as much as you can.
- Make sure that you're using your entire force to do this. You must feel a obvious strain in your cheek muscles.
- This exercise can be repeated throughout the day, whenever you remember. (Just make sure no one's watching you).
- Close your mouth and smile a very wide smile. This should draw your face muscles towards your eyes.
- Then push your mouth into an 'O' so that the lips are over your teeth.
- Hold this position for 8 - 10 seconds and release.
- Repeat this 4-5 times.
- Stand in front of a mirror and smile a very wide smile.
- Keep your lips closed and the mouth corners turned up.
- Smile so widely that you feel like the upturned corners are touching your ears.
- Now wrinkle your nose.
- You'll see that the cheek muscles have moved upwards (you'll feel a stretch in your cheek muscles).
- Hold the position for 5 - 8 seconds and release.
- Repeat 10 times.
Face Exercises for Chubby Cheeks
Exercise #1 (Jaw)
- Sit straight and relax your mouth.
- Push your jaw out and keep it there for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Then pull it back into the original position and relax.
- Repeat this exercise 8 - 10 times.
- Sit on a comfortable chair and support your back sufficiently.
- Now, tilt your head towards the ceiling and hold.
- Keep your lips closed and relaxed.
- Open your lips to stick your tongue out and try to act as if you are trying to touch the tip of the tongue to your chin.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Pull the tongue back in and relax your head.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Lie on the bed and let your face hang over the side.
- Slowly (be very careful with this, you might jerk your neck) bring the head up towards your torso (like you would in a crunch).
- Make sure that the body is relaxed. Do not lift it with your neck.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Then bring down and relax.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Relax your face.
- Lift your face upwards as you look at the ceiling and mouth the words 'maa'.
- This will automatically pressure your jaw into opening and closing.
- Repeat this exercise 20 - 30 times, whenever you can.
- Make sure that you carry out some vigorous cardiovascular exercises to help with the overall body fat reduction.
- Reduce the intake of salt, as salt tends to lead to water retention in your body.
- Change your diet to include lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink loads of water.
- Ensure that you get at least 8 hours of good sleep.
- Eat on time.
- Do not smoke or drink.
- Visit a spa or undergo some pampering with facial massage techniques from time to time.
These are some of the chubby cheeks exercise forms that have known to show results. Make sure that you understand that these results won't show in 1 - 2 days. Give it time. And more importantly, aim to lose weight overall.
Disclaimer - This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.