So, you look into the mirror to admire the clear, flawless skin that is smooth, glowing and without a blemish to get you down. Then as your eyes travel north of the eyes and onto your forehead, you notice the fine wrinkles that have taken residence on your forehead. Not good. Making you look all drawn out and aged like that. They need to be taken care of and they need to be taken care of at the earliest. And while you'll switch over to a healthy diet and stop going out in the sun if you haven't sufficiently covered your forehead, the other thing, and one that will have the most effect, is if you carry through some exercises that focus on forehead wrinkles.
Forehead wrinkles come about because of several reasons like smoking, skin problems, sun exposure and/or using one's facial muscles way too much. This makes one fact clear, that developing forehead wrinkles is not a condition that is merely limited to the aged, but can develop just as easily in the young as well. These exercises can help one prevent the onset of wrinkles in the first place. If the wrinkles have happened to come about, a regimented routine of these will help reduce and treat the lines that have appeared.
Frown and Release
- Sit comfortably without any expression on your face. Then frown and wrinkle your forehead completely.
- Bring your eyebrows together, as if pulling them over your eyes.
- Hold for a count of 5. Then release the tension.
- Now widen your eyebrows and lift them as much as you can.
- At the same time, widen your eyes as much as you can.
- Hold for a count of 5. Then release and relax.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times.
Crinkling the Nose
- Sit straight and relax your face completely.
- Bring your eyebrows down over your eyes. Simultaneously scrunch up and crinkle your nose, as if you are scowling at someone.
- Flare your nostrils and breathe normally.
- Count till 5, then release and relax.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times.
Hanging Over the Ledge
- Lie on your back onto a bed.
- Take your head over the ledge and let it hang freely in the air.
- Make sure that your neck is well supported.
- Lift your eyebrows high up and widen your eyes as much as possible.
- Count till 5 and then release.
- Relax for a count of 5 and then repeat. Do this exercise 10 times.
- Relax your face and sit straight and comfortable.
- Use the index and the middle finger of both hands and place them under the eye, at the end of each eyebrow.
- Exert pressure onto the skin by pressing the fingers into the skin. Simultaneously lift the eyebrows.
- Count till 5 and release.
- Repeat this 10 times.
Palm Pressure Exercise
- Cover your forehead with your palms and exert pressure.
- Through this pressure, try to move the skin up. This might be tough with the pressure.
- Maintain the pressure and try to pull the skin downwards and onto the original position.
- Release the pressure by taking the hands off and relaxing.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times for best results.
Along with following these exercises, it is also important to go in for facial massages as well as using rejuvenating face masks. These will help to restore the lost luster and tighten the muscles as well. Make sure that you include these exercises in your schedule, use them regularly and make the wrinkles disappear for good.