Eyebrow threading has become almost a routine for the fairer sex. No woman is going to love roaming around with eyebrows close to resembling a squirrel's bushy tail. To add to the horror, what if you need to urgently get your brows shaped for a party, but don't find the time to book an appointment at the parlor? Do not fret. Simply learn how to do it at home. This article shares this supremely important knowledge with all the women out there.
How to Thread Eyebrows
To begin with, you would need a cotton thread and a skin toner.
- Cut a piece of cotton thread in way that you get a 24-inch strand. Follow this up with tying the ends in such a way that a circle is formed.
- Coil the thread around all the fingers and thumb of both the hands, and then open them. Then, using your fingers and thumb, transform the circle of the thread into a rectangle in front of you.
- Around the center, twist the thread approximately 10 times. With your hands in front of you and apart, the string should look something like the alphabet 'X', with the center being the twisted portion.
- The twisted portion must be pushed to the right by the extension of the thumb and fingers of your left hand. Simultaneously, close the fingers of your right hand to the thumb.
- Repeat the earlier step by switching hands. Do this till you attain an ease in doing this.
- Position the thread on the skin while ensuring that the twisted portion of the thread is just to the side of the hair you want to get rid of. Gently move the twisted part of the thread along the skin in a sideways motion in order to capture the hair. The sideways motion could either be left or right, whichever way you are comfortable. Once you trap the hair in that twist, just pull it out.
Shaping Eyebrows with Tweezers
You would need a pair of tweezers, eyebrow pencil, eyebrow stencil, eye brush, eyebrow powder, and gel.
- First of all, mark with white pencil as to where you want your eyebrows to start and end.
- Position the stencil lining up the inner corner of the stencil with the previously made white mark.
- Through the stencil hole, brush the hair according to the shape of the stencil. This has to be done carefully, because here you would need to make the hair turn or twist in the manner you want.
- Trace the stencil outline. Taking the white pencil, trace the outline of the shape of the eyebrow.
- Keep the stencil away, and then tweeze the hair beyond the traced line.
- You are almost done. Place the stencil once again, and apply a bit of gel on the eyebrows.
- Brush the eyebrows again. Use powder to touch up the tail area a bit, and remove the stencil.
- Slightly outline the entire eyebrow using an eyebrow pencil. The shape will get well-defined by doing this.
Eyebrow Threading Tips
- When starting off on threading, tackle the part between the eyebrows. Then move on to the top and bottom, creating the desired thickness of the brow.
- Go gentle while doing the bottom of the eyebrow, as the skin is more sensitive there. To prevent pain or a burning sensation, close the pores left due to the removal of the hair follicles by using a skin toner immediately after the process.
- Eyebrows which slant upwards, could give the impression that you are frowning and angry. Thus, do not remove hair too much at the outer corners.
- Once you are done, use an adequately sharp eyebrow pencil, to fill in the gap with quick and light strokes.
This shall get easier with practice. Take adequate care of your eye while following the above given eyebrow threading instructions.