Olive complexion can be defined to be ranging from medium brown to slightly darker than wheatish. Women blessed with olive skin can try varied shades of lipsticks because the skin tone being neither dark nor fair, blends smoothly with any lip color. Olive skinned women can wear deep berry tones as well as intense shades of orange and red. If it is pink that you like, then there are also many options from fuchsia pink to watermelon.
Best Lipstick Colors for Olive Skin Tone
Pink Lipstick Shades: Women with olive skin tones should try pink lipstick shades that has a warm or yellow undertone. Lipstick shades that have a blue undertone should be avoided. Rose pink, dusty pink and orangey pink looks good on olive skin. Also avoid frosted lipsticks as it makes your complexion look shallow and washed-out. Best pink lipsticks for olive skin tone are:
- Dior DiorAddict Lipcolor in Hollywood Rose
- Dolce & Gabbana The Lipstick in Venere
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipcolor in Born With It
- Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Fuchsia
- Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick
- Nars Lipstick in Belle de Jour
- Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Nude Rose
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 14
- Shiseido Makeup Perfect Rouge Lipstick in BE333
- Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Confidentielle
- Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Cranberry Cream
- L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Mica
- Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Raspberry Rush
- Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in émotive
- Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in Plum
- Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick in Poppy Cream
- Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Retro Rouge
- Kat Von D Painted Love in Underage Red
- Nars Lipstick in Shanghai Express
- Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Crème Matte Lipstick in RD 165M
How to Choose a Lip Color
Try the tester on your palm before buying the final product. There's no as such convention for choosing lipstick colors. Make sure that the shade you have applied complements with your makeup and costume. During day hours, pick up neutral shades and you can go for a matte finish. Your lips will look pleasing even if you have adorned them with a nude gloss of hue ranging from beige, pink and peach. In the evening you can highlight your lips with bold colors like auburn, crimson, brown, etc. A shimmering gloss applied over the base color is another option to enhance the beauty of lips.
Always outline your lips with a lip liner of same shade before applying the base color on your lips. A blending brush always gives a perfectly smooth finish. Make sure that the base color doesn't come out from the edges of your lips.
I hope now you can pick up the right shade for your lips. Apart from all these, you can also go for neutral makeup to accentuate your complexion. Adorn your lips beautifully, apply the makeup perfectly and keep looking gorgeous.