There is hardly any woman, whether old or young who goes out without a swipe of lip color or lip gloss. A woman might skip applying a concealer or a foundation, but she hardly misses putting on her favorite lipstick. Although there are myriad of lipstick colors available in the market, most women would say that their favorite lipstick color is pink. And why not? A good pink lipstick can be used anywhere and everywhere, be it a casual day event or a formal dinner party. One swipe of a beautiful pink lipstick and you feel instantly like a princess. All pink lipsticks are not suitable for everyone. Another important thing to remember is never to judge a lipstick color by its packaging. A tube that looks attractive might just not work for you. You need to choose a pink lipstick shade that flatters your skin tone and eye color.
Choosing Pink Lipstick for Olive Skin
If you have an olive complexion, then it's time to thank your lucky stars. Most olive-skinned women have a warm skin tone and can pull off almost all pink lipstick shades, except the very pale frosty ones. To make sure that you do not make the mistake of purchasing a lip color that will make you look unflattering, always try the shade on the skin before you purchase it.
Best Pink Lipstick Shades for Olive Skin
The basic thing to remember is that, darker your skin tone the more pigment you can wear. So you can go for some deep pink colors like fuchsia, berry, orangey pinks and intense pinks with a hint of purple. Some great shades of pink lipstick shades for olive skin are:
- Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Insolente
- Dior Addict Lipstick in Hollywood Rose
- NYX Round Lipstick in Louisiana
- Lancome L'Absolu Rouge in Voile de Rose
- Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Madère
- L'Oreal High Intensity Pigments in Black Cherry
- Lancome Color Fever Lipstick in Pink in the Limo
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
- Dolce & Gabbana The Lipstick Classic Cream Lipstick in Velvet
- Elizabeth Arden Exceptional Lipstick in Hot Pink
- MAC Lipstick in Skew
- Urban Decay Iconic Lipstick in Hotpants
- Laura Mercier Lip Colour in Camellia
- Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Fuchsia
- Benefit Full-Finish Lipstick in Pillow Talk
- Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Confidentielle
- Dolce & Gabbana The Lipstick Classic Cream Lipstick in Mandorla
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Pink Wink
- MAC Pink Nouveau
Skin Tone and Lipstick Shade
There are basically two types of skin tones - warm skin tone and cool skin tone. People who have a very fair complexion with rosy cheeks have cool skin tone and those who have tan or olive skin have a warm skin tone. If you are still not sure about your skin tone, look carefully in the mirror in sunlight. If you see any flecks of yellow or brown on your skin, then it means that you have a warm skin tone. Choose pink lipsticks that have an undertone of orange and green as they balance out the yellow pigment present in the skin. When choosing a pink lipstick shade for olive skin, steer clear of any frosted shades as this makes your complexion look tired and jaded. A pink-tinted natural lip gloss would also look great on olive skin.
There are also different formulations of pink lipstick available in the market that gives different finishes. You can choose from long-lasting matte lipsticks to creamy pearl finish ones. Those who are reluctant to wear lipsticks with an intense pigment can also experiment with different lip glosses and lip stains in shades of pinks like rich berries and dusky rose. When you wear such a muted color on your lips, you can go ahead and wear bold colors for your eyes. Opt for smoky smoldering eyes in gray or silver which complements the pink lipstick shade.