Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria, Eva Mendes and Beyonce are some of the celebrities who have olive skin. There is a misconception that only women who have the bronzed, naturally tanned skin with a sun-kissed glow have olive skin. Well, women with fair complexion could also have olive skin. A majority of Asians and Latinos have true olive skin. Olive skin tones can sometimes be neutral and have yellow as well as pink undertones. So, one could have a dark, medium or fair olive skin with cool, warm or neutral undertones, with a slight greenish tinge in varying degrees. It is the greenish undertone due to which the task of choosing the right makeup becomes difficult.
Shades of Red and Brown
Women who have olive skin should go for corals and browns. These will definitely accentuate your lips. Most women love the color red but not every woman can pull it off. Well, if women with olive skin wish to wear a shade of red, they can go for deep reds with brown undertones. Shades such as cherry red, crimson red and yellow-based shades of red that have a tinge of gold also work well for women with olive skin. A warm shade of orange is also worth a try. Wine, plum, raisin, bronze, copper, beige and taupe coral shades may also complement your skin tone. Rich browns with red undertones and dark berry shades also look great on women with olive skin.
Some of the interesting shades of red and brown are:
- L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in British Red
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Monte Carlo
- Dior Rouge Dior in Hypnotic Red
- Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Rosey
- Dolce & Gabbana The Lipstick in Cosmopolitan
- Lancôme Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Retro Rouge
- Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick in Poppy Cream
- Nars Lipstick in Jungle Red
- Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in Plum
- Clinique Different Lipstick in Angel Red
- Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Cranberry Cream
- L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Mica
Pink is one color that is loved by most women. If you are looking for the perfect shade of pink, it would be a good idea to go for darker pinks with yellow undertones. Pale pink doesn't really work well for those with olive skin, so make sure that you buy darker shades. Fuchsia, berry and pinks with a tinge of orange or purple are great shades for lipsticks for women who have olive skin.
You could check out the following shades:
- Elizabeth Arden Exceptional Lipstick in Hot Pink
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Pink Truffle
- Lancome Color Fever Lipstick in Pink in the Limo
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #36
- Too Faced Lip of Luxury Lipstick in Pink Flamingo
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Pink Wink
- Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Fuchsia
- Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Pink-a-Boo
- L'Oreal High Intensity Pigments in Black Cherry
- Dolce & Gabbana The Lipstick Classic Cream Lipstick in Velvet
- Elizabeth Arden Exceptional Lipstick in Wild Winterberry
I hope that the aforementioned tips will help you pick the right shade for yourself. Besides looking for the best lipstick colors for olive skin, make sure that you pay attention to aspects such as size and shape of your lips. So, get the perfect shade to get the perfect pout!