Winter season, unfortunately, is not very kind to people with dry skin. Skin problems aggravate in winter and the dryness hangs over the skin all day round. The skin gets stretched after bath, giving rise to wrinkles. The best way to prevent extreme dryness and the skin problems emerging out of it, is to keep your skin completely moisturized throughout the day. For that, a moisturizing cream made from only natural ingredients is the best option.
This is because, a natural moisturizer works best, if your skin is sensitive and is not well suited to chemical products. There are beauty oils and plenty of creams available in the market, for keeping your skin smooth and soft during winters. Beauty oils made from olive, avocado, almond, coconut, jasmine, and sunflower are extremely soothing over dry skin. They keep it moisturized and add a visible glow. Regular application of homemade lotions can do wonders in solving almost all types of dry skin problems.
Homemade Moisturizing Creams
Jojoba oil, mixed with vitamin E, maintains the softness of the skin for a long time. It eliminates dry and flaky skin, making it smooth. It is one of the best lotions for flaky and rough skin on the face.
- Jojoba oil, 6 tbsp.
- Aloe Vera, 1 tbsp.
- Vitamin E oil, 1 tbsp.
- Grated beeswax, 2 tbsp.
- Rose oil, 4 drops
- Mix jojoba oil, beeswax, and vitamin E oil in a bowl of boiling water. Heat it and stir, until the wax melts completely.
- Let the mixture cool and then add aloe vera and rose oil. Blend it smooth and adjust the consistency by adding more jojoba oil. Store in an air tight bottle.
Almond oil or almond paste combined with honey, is the best skin softener. The effect is long lasting and the combination has the capacity to add a glow to your face.
- Almond oil, 8 tbsp.
- Lanolin, 4 tbsp.
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp.
- Honey, 3 tbsp.
- In a bowl, mix lanolin, honey, and almond oil together. Warm the solution under low heat for a few minutes. Do not boil.
- Let it cool completely and then mix coconut oil.
- Preserve the moisturizer in a clean bottle.
Cocoa butter is a very good natural ingredient for flaky skin. It can be mixed with essential oils and can be used as skin softening lotion.
- Cocoa butter, ½ cup
- Sesame oil, 4 tbsp.
- Light apricot kernel oil, 2 tbsp.
- Orange essential oil, 2 tbsp.
- Mix cocoa butter with sesame oil and heat over low flame, until the butter melts completely. Blend it smooth.
- Allow it to cool and then, add apricot oil and orange essential oil. Stir the mixture and preserve in a container.
A mixture of olive oil with some amount of avocado oil keeps the skin hydrated for a long time. It is one of the best options for dry skin.
- Olive oil, 6 tbsp.
- Avocado oil, 2 tbsp.
- Aloe vera gel, 3 tbsp.
- Light sunflower oil, 1 tbsp.
- Mix aloe vera gel with avocado and light sunflower oil.
- Warm it a little, so that the gel gets mixed with the oil.
- Let it stand for sometime and then, pour olive oil. Stir the mixture well and store in a capped bottle.
From this list, pick one, prepare the recipe at home, and apply regularly over your skin. Apart from this, include proteins in your diet and drink minimum 10 glasses of water daily. You are bound to see the difference in a couple of days.