Wrinkles on forehead are of two types. The horizontal lines, which appear between the hairline and the eyebrows, while the vertical lines, which appear on the lower forehead between the eyebrows. Besides aging, there are other factors that lead to this condition.
- Main reason for forehead wrinkles is skin damage that occurs due to aging.
- Another important cause is the movement of muscles. Muscle contractions happen while expressing emotions, and this leads to the formation of frown lines.
- They may also occur due to exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Poor nutrition can also lead to forehead lines at a young age.
- With rapid weight loss, one loses the amount of fat cells which support the face. This makes a person look bony and the skin sag.
- Cigarette smoking produces oxygen-free radicals, which speed up the process of wrinkle formation.
- Deficiency of vitamin E, which has antioxidant properties can lead to the formation of forehead lines.
- The occurrence of frown lines at a young age can also be a result of the genetic constitution of an individual.
There are some treatments which can reduce the lines on the forehead while there other treatments like botox and forehead lift, which can help you get rid of wrinkles.
Lack of proper nutrition results in wrinkles at a young age. By proper nutrition, you can reduce the frown lines. To keep the skin healthy and young, consume foods which contain vitamin A, C, E, and minerals like zinc and selenium.
One uses certain set of muscles in a particular way while having expressions on face. Through regular facial exercises, one can tone and strengthen the muscles, and hence can get rid of the frown lines. Following are some anti-aging facial exercises:
- Place your index finger between your eyebrows. Bring your eye muscles down and your eyebrows up. Repeat this for 6 times.
- Pull your eyebrows close to each other and then pull them apart as much as possible. Repeat this 6 times.
- Raise your eyebrows as if you are surprised and then frown. Repeat this 6 times.
- Tighten all the muscles in your forehead. Hold them for 10 seconds and then release them. Repeat this process 6 times.
Some of the natural home remedies for reducing forehead lines are as follows:
- Mix an egg white, 2 spoons of rose water, and 2 spoons of glycerin in a bowl. Apply this mixture on the forehead and leave for 10 minutes. Later, wash your face with cold water.
- Apply castor oil on your forehead, 4 times a week.
- Mix honey and glycerin in equal quantities and apply it on your forehead. Wash your face after 10 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and rice powder. Massage this paste on your forehead for 5-6 minutes and wash it.
- Empty two vitamin E capsules, mix some lemon juice and yogurt in it. Apply this solution on your forehead, leave it for 10 minutes, and then wash.
Avoid exposure to the Sun
One of the best ways to prevent wrinkles is not exposing your skin to the sun to protect it from the harmful UV rays. Here is what helps you do that:
There are many anti-aging creams or anti-wrinkle skincare products available in the market. Cream which has retinol A is the best anti-aging cream to clear frown lines.
Facial peels remove the upper layer of skin and expose the fresh new layer of skin underneath. Thus, using facial peels will reduce or prevent the occurrence of lines on the forehead, and also reduce dark spots on the skin. They are inexpensive, and one might need to go for facial peels only twice or thrice in a year.
Using botox in the right amount will help you to get rid of wrinkles. However, many don't prefer botox treatment due to its side effects.
Forehead Lift (Brow Lift)
Forehead lift is like a face lift. It is the best option if you have deep creases, and you are over 40 years of age. A plastic surgery, with no complications, can help you get rid of forehead lines permanently. In a brow lift surgery, excess sagging skin is removed, and the skin is stretched taut. The effect is a young looking skin that lasts for many years.
It is possible to reduce and prevent forehead lines by keeping the skin well nourished and moisturized. However, to get rid of deep wrinkles the permanent solutions are botox treatment and brow lift procedure.
Disclaimer: This information is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.