Your lips are the most sensitive part of your body and you need to keep them moisturized. The lips do not have any oil glands like the rest of the skin, so they are more prone to drying and cracking. Many women love to apply lipstick, and some even consider their beauty regimen incomplete if they do not apply their favorite lip color. Lipsticks are available in a variety of textures and forms. There are long-wearing types available in the market that stay on for up to 8 hours without smudging. Unfortunately these are more difficult to take off than the conventional variety, and many women do not bother to take them off before going to sleep. This is where a makeup remover for your lips comes to the rescue and helps to effectively get rid of all traces of lip color.
Tips for Choosing the Right Remover
There are many different types of makeup removers available in the market from all the leading brands. Considering that the lips are very sensitive, waterproof removers specifically for lips are also available.
- Although you can purchase a good remover from a department store, there are products in your kitchen that work just as well. Natural rose water is very effective. Just dip a cotton ball in rose water and rub it on your lips in a back and forth motion. Ensure that you rub gently. You will see that the lipstick has come off on the cotton ball. You can keep the rose water in the refrigerator for a refreshing effect.
- The best natural remover is pure coconut oil or olive oil. Soak a cotton ball in coconut or olive oil and rub it on your lips until all the makeup has come off. Using oil is a good option for people who are allergic to certain ingredients in conventional removers. Moreover, coconut oil as well as olive oil will keep your lips moisturized and will help soften them.
- You can also apply a small amount of petroleum jelly on your lips and leave it on for a few minutes. Take a soft tissue and wipe it off. You will find that the lipstick comes off easily.
- In winter, when your lips are chapped and the lipstick has bled into fine lines, it is very difficult and painful to take the lipstick off. Dab a little cold cream on your lips and wipe it off with a moistened cotton ball.
- If you use waterproof lipstick or long-wearing lipstick, you might have a hard time taking it off at the end of the day. Do not try to rub it off, as this could be harmful. The best natural remover for this kind of lipstick is milk. Dip a cotton ball in cold milk and rub it on your lips in a circular motion. The milk will not only cleanse your lips but also keep them soft and conditioned.