An eyeliner is a cosmetic whose usage is necessary for successful makeup. Many women use it occasionally, while there are some who use it on a daily basis. If you belong to either of these two categories, you must know about the different looks and styles that can be created with an eyeliner. The knowledge will definitely come to your help when you wish to look unique and become the center of attention at any outing. There are different types of eyeliners present in the market such as liquid, gel, and pencil.
Blinking of the eyes and sweating are two natural processes. You cannot escape them. Therefore, you need to apply a liquid eyeliner with such expertise that it does not get spoiled by continuous blinking and sweating. Here are the necessary instructions on how to apply liquid eyeliner in such a manner that it stays longer.
- Apply a coat of foundation or face powder on your eyelids. You can apply the coat all over your face if you wish to. Put the eyeshadow (the color of your choice) on the eyelid in the manner you want to.
- Open the bottle of liquid eyeliner. The lid is usually attached to a small and thin painting brush or a felt-tip applicator.
- Hold the eyelid such that the excess liquid is removed.
- Relax one eye, close it, and stretch the lid out with your non-dominant hand. Steady your dominant hand by giving it sufficient support.
- Use this to hold the tip of the applicator of brush at the inner end of the eyelid, along the lash line.
- Slowly but steadily, run the tip across the eyelid towards the outer edge, along the lash line, to get a single, smooth, and even line.
- In case of any smudges, use a damp Q-tip to wipe it. Allow the liquid to dry for a few seconds.
- Go over the line to create a thicker line towards the outer edge.
- You can either leave it like this if you are doing simplistic makeup, but you can also dramatize it by adding to it, as shown below:
Some of the most commonly used styles are classic style, cat eye, smoky eye, funky, and natural.
The classic style is meant for those who wish to look simple yet elegant. It works when applied alone, without eyeshadow and mascara. Take a liquid eyeliner brush, and draw a line on your eyelid starting from the outer end and moving inwards. Run the eyeliner brush once more, but this time to thicken the outer half of the line. In this particular type of eyeliner application, do not apply kohl or eyeliner on the lower eyelid.
In the cat eyeliner style, you need to draw a smooth line on the upper eyelid and make it flip upwards. Draw a line on the lower eyelid, extend it outwards, and meet it up with the upper eyelid line. Use the eyeliner to fill in the portion where the two lines meet. This style looks best with a dark eyeshadow. You must try your hands on it if you have small eyes and wish to give them a wider look. To create a smoky style, apply eyeshadow and draw a thin line with the liquid eyeliner on the upper eyelid. The eyeshadow and eyeliner color should complement each other. Now, blend the eyeliner line with the eyeshadow with the help of a brush. This will give a smudged and smoky look instantly.
To create a funky style, use a bright-colored eyeliner such as lime green, purple, electric blue, pink, etc. Apply a similar shade of eyeshadow. To choose the color of the eyeliner and eyeshadow, consider your skin tone and eye color. The natural liquid eyeliner style involves the usage of a neutral-colored eyeliner. It emphasizes the natural contour of your eyes, and therefore, it is the best style for large and beautiful eyes.
Thus, you see how you can get an entirely different look by making slight changes in the regular method of liquid eyeliner application. Do try each one of the given liquid eyeliner styles and designs on yourself. Find out which one suits you the best, go out with that particular style, and rock the world!