Getting wrinkles on the forehead at a young age can be very embarrassing. It's not really a welcome sign at any age actually, but at a young age it is even worse. These wrinkles can come about either in the form of vertical lines or horizontal lines between the eyebrows and the hairline. These will get more pronounced with age. Does getting wrinkles on forehead at a young age mean that something is wrong with the body?
Since wrinkles are taken as a sign of aging, when there is an appearance of the same at a young age, it is a cause of concern, right? This article will try to tell you more about this issue and how to carry out wrinkle free skin care.
The aging process comes about earlier for some people than others. As we age, less collagen and elastin is produced by our skin. These are the essential nutrients that give the skin its elasticity and flexibility. With less production of these, the skin becomes dry, stretchy and wrinkled. For some people, heredity plays a major factor in developing wrinkles at a young age. These are the people who will develop wrinkles on their forehead even as early as their 20s.
Over exposure to the sun's harmful UV and UVB rays (also called photo aging) causes the skin to age faster than it normally would. If precautions like applying sunscreen etc are not taken, and there is constant exposure, then it will result in the skin developing wrinkles and sunspots on the forehead.
One wouldn't really give this reason much of a thought, but that does not change the fact that it is one of the major factors that leads to wrinkles on the forehead. Each expression and movement of facial muscles causes an indent on the surface of the skin. Overtime, these indents get deeper and deeper and manifest themselves into the form of wrinkles. People who use force when speaking and emoting themselves, usually tend to get wrinkles faster.
A few other factors to be taken into account are as follows.
- Sleeping Position - People who sleep on their stomachs, press their faces and foreheads into the pillow. Over a period of time, this will cause wrinkles to appear due to the indents formed.
- Smoking - People who smoke, speed their aging process and therefore wrinkles appear.
Avoid the Sun
This has been said over and over again, and will be said over and over again as well. AVOID the sun as much as possible during its most intense blaze (11am - 4pm). Whenever you go out, wear a sunscreen that is at least 30 SPF or more. Cover yourself fully (even your hair, because the sun will draw out moisture from it and make it dry and brittle). Avoid light surfaces which reflect the sun's rays. This is really a preventive method and if followed well, will prevent the skin from developing wrinkles.
Change your Lifestyle
Change your lifestyle and opt for a more holistic one. Many times, this problem will develop because of an unhealthy lifestyle. Here is what you should do:
- Include a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables, cereals and proteins.
- Get a minimum of 8 hours of undisturbed, deep sleep.
- Drinking water (at least 8-10 glasses) will help flush out toxins.
- Avoid smoking and drinking, the intake of spicy and junk food, and oil.
- Include supplements like omega-3 essential fatty acids to boost the health of the skin.
- Do not sleep on your sides or your stomach.
- Exercise daily to release harmful toxins from the body.
- Reduce the tensions and stress in your life by doing yoga or meditation.
Our kitchens are filled with the goodness of natural products, and all these help in the prevention, reduction and cure of wrinkles on the forehead.
Massage the Skin
Massage your face and forehead with oils to get rid of wrinkles. Either of these work just as effectively: coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil or flaxseed oil. Heat the oil slightly before applying, but make sure that it isn't too hot, just warm. Massage gently without exerting too much force. Do not apply it on acne. One can also massage the face with Manuka honey, lime juice and apple/pineapple juice.
Apply face masks like fuller's earth, sandalwood and mix with natural ingredients like turmeric and rosemary. Dilute with milk, milk cream and rose water. Apply this mask once every week for a clearer, wrinkle-free skin. Apply the mask and keep on for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with water (room temperature).
A few other easy methods that you can practice right at home itself.
- Eat a mixture of honey and chopped ginger at sunrise everyday.
- Eat a garlic pod everyday.
- Remove all traces of make up before sleeping, for effective facial skin care.
- Make an ice pack and apply on the face for instant rejuvenation from tiredness.
Developing wrinkles on the forehead at a young age can never be easy to deal with. So the better option would be to avoid them in the first place! Any which way, the following methods will help in reduction and further prevention of the same. So stop stressing and fight those wrinkles the right way.