Many girls think a silver eyeliner looks excessively flamboyant and gives a loud look to their personality; but this is not true. You just need to know the nuances of how to apply it. You need to wear it according to the shape of your face, eyes, and skin type. You also need to consider the occasion, time, and your outfit before applying it. Black and brown eyeliners are very common and everyone wears them. However, a silver eyeliner gives you a different look and makes you stand out in a crowd.
Points to Remember
An eyeliner creates an illusion to give a new shape and size to your eyes. It is the most important part of eye makeup. However, if applied in the wrong manner, it can spoil the entire look. Hence, it is important to team up the eyeliner effectively with the rest of the facial makeup. Common shades such as black, brown, and gray are quite easy to carry, generally go with all kinds of looks, and suit most women. But when it comes to eyeliners in different shades, like golden and silver, you need to play safe, or else it can turn out to be a huge fashion disaster. There are certain don'ts that you must adhere to while using a silver eyeliner:
- Never wear it on casual clothes.
- When used as a part of smoky eye makeup, wear it only on the upper side of the eye.
- Girls with cat eyes should avoid it.
- Do not wear it on a glittery outfit.
- Avoid wearing it during the day.
- Do not wear it without eye shadow.
Silver eyeliner is available in liquid and pencil format. You must go for eyeliners that don't run and give a lasting effect without getting smudged. If you have oily skin, try to avoid using a liquid eyeliner, and opt for a pencil eyeliner instead. Girls with dry skin should also avoid the liquid eyeliner, as it can cause creases. It is always better to get reviews from your friends or a stylist before buying a silver-colored eyeliner.
A pencil eyeliner is very easy to wear compared to a liquid eyeliner. Follow the steps given below and wear the eyeliner flawlessly.
- First, clean your face with a cleansing cream or wash it with water.
- Moisturize your skin well and try to avoid oil-based products, as they can cause the eyeliner to smudge.
- Apply foundation on your face including the eyelids. After that, apply an eye makeup base with matching eyeshadow.
- Next, decide how to wear the eyeliner. You can wear it alone or in combination with another color that goes with your outfit. For example, if your dress is navy blue, first put the navy blue eyeliner close to the eyelids and then draw the second line of the eyeliner. For a unique look, you can draw a third line with the navy blue eyeliner again.
- You can use an angled brush for precision while applying liquid eyeliner. On smoky eye makeup, first apply the eyeliner to your eyes and smudge it gently with cotton swabs. It will make you look simple yet sexy.
- There are various eyeliner styles that you can choose from. You can draw thin lines or go for a thick and extended winged version to add drama to your eye makeup.
- Girls with light-colored eyes should avoid a silver eyeliner. If they are keen on wearing it, they must wear it on brown lenses, as this eyeliner looks gorgeous on this eye color.
- Once you've decided how to wear the eyeliner, close your eyes and steadily put it on. If you want a thin line, apply it with less pressure.
- For a perfectly drawn eyeliner, you need to practice daily.